dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Burning a DVD with > 2GB files

From: André Dalle
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Burning a DVD with > 2GB files
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 12:39:04 -0500

I posted a while back about the same issue.  I have the same error with mkisofs.

I have no troubles building 4+ GB ISO images, and burning them, so long as
files are
less than 2GB.

I can create ISO images consisting of 2+GB files from Prassi PrimoDVD 2.0
in Windows.

I can loopback mount these images under Linux and access files just fine, and
burn them with dvdrecord.

This is my current workaround - I generate the iso from the Windows-based app,
writing it to my Linux system, which is running Samba 2.2.7.