dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Compatibility with cdrtools

From: Flavien Bridault
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Compatibility with cdrtools
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:40:36 +0100

Hello people,

I'm the maintainer of the cdrtools and dvdrtools spells for Source Mage
linux distro. We used to offer the choice for our users between cdrtools
and dvdrtools. We have considered for a long time that what can cdrtools
do, dvdrtools can also do. For example, if someone want to install
gnomebaker, we propose it to choose between cdrtools and dvdrtools as a
backend.
However, we realized that we were wrong, dvdrtools seems no longer
compatible with cdrtools. In fact, I tested today several front-ends
like k3b, gnomebaker, graveman, or nautilus-cdburner and I was even
unable to blank a CD-RW disk... :-/
Could you please tell me :
- if it is supposed to work ?
- if not, if you plan to bring back compatibility ?
- why k3b is reported to work on your FAQ and does not work in reality
(version 0.12.13)

I tested both 0.2.1 and latest 0.3.1 without success.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Regards,
--
Flavien Bridault

Source Mage GNU/Linux
Disk and Graphics Sections Guru

irc: vlaaad
jabber: address@hidden
--
Flavien Bridault

Disk, Graphics, Graphics-libs sections Guru
Source Mage GNU/Linux - http://www.sourcemage.org

irc: vlaaad
jabber: address@hidden