dvipng

[Dvipng] Fwd: [ pgf-Bugs-1764170 ] PostScript error with dvipng

From: Jürgen Spitzmüller
Subject: [Dvipng] Fwd: [ pgf-Bugs-1764170 ] PostScript error with dvipng
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:54:42 +0200

Till Tantau fixed the file.

Jürgen

-------------------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht --------------------

Betreff: [ pgf-Bugs-1764170 ] PostScript error with dvipng
Datum: Dienstag, 31.07.2007 (10:21 Uhr)
Absender: "SourceForge.net" <address@hidden>
Empfänger: address@hidden

Bugs item #1764170, was opened at 2007-07-31 07:55
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tantau
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=752792&aid=1764170&group_id=142562

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When using preview-latex/dvipng on a LyX beamer presentation with a qtree
snippet, I get the following error on the console (using latest cvs revision
of dvipng):

ESP Ghostscript 8.15.3: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
dvipng warning: No GhostScript pngalpha output, cannot render raw PostScript
ESP Ghostscript 8.15.3: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

and the branches of the qtree tree aren't drawn correctly.

In discussion with the dvipng maintainer, it turned out that the error
disappears if we change all occurrences of '}B' in our pgfsys-dvips.def file
with '}bind def' (see attached patch).
This is v. 1.15 (TeXLive 2007). Cf. this thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/dvipng/2007-07/msg00007.html

Is this a bug in pgf?