dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] disappearing branches with qtree

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] disappearing branches with qtree
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 00:05:52 +0200

Jürgen Spitzmüller skrev:
Also sprach Jan-Åke Larsson:
From what I can see, the branches are drawn using raw postscript code.
This is different from the usual EPS-inclusion specials that dvipng
handles gracefully. Possibly, I could add code to a) draw the lines
using libgd primitives or b) send these specials to gs, but to do that
in a generic way is difficult. Not sure what to do here.

I see. Would be great if you'd find a solution. In any case, I'll add your description to our bug tracker, so that it is documented.

Okay, there is now a version of dvipng at the CVS archive at savannah which attempts to implement raw PostScript specials.

All the code was really already in place. Unfortunately some packages (e.g., qtree) split their PostScript specials, so I had to add code to join them together again.

I also enabled PostScript headers, and this apparently made packages like PSTricks work.

I'd appreciate if presumptive users would test this, and report their problems/success.

/JÅ