dvipng

[Dvipng] Adding tikz/pgf support to dvipng?

From: Paul Mantz
Subject: [Dvipng] Adding tikz/pgf support to dvipng?
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 03:36:53 -0600

hello everyone,

I'm interested to know if there are any plans to add tikz/pgf support
to dvipng, and complications arise in this situation.  In order to
include graphics into my files, I use XFig files rendered as pngs and
include those into my documents (which then get rendered to .png for
web display), but I would much rather use tikz and not have to leave
my editor to create in-depth graphics.

I know other projects would benefit; not only myself, if tikz support
was added.  What is the feasability and level of effort necessary?

Thanks,
Paul