dvipng

[Dvipng] dvi origin issue

From: jw
Subject: [Dvipng] dvi origin issue
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:27:22 -0700

Hello,
In the dvipng manpage, It says:
    `-O x-offset,y-offset'
       Move the origin by x-offset,y-offset, a comma-separated pair of
dimensions such as `.1in,-.3cm'. The origin of the page is shifted
from the default position (of one inch down, one inch to the right
from the upper left corner of the paper) by this amount.

However, if I use dvipng without specifying -O, as in 'dvipng
story.dvi', it does not have a 1in by 1in top,left margin.
dvips, on the other hand, does when used the same way.

Are the docs wrong, or is this a dvipng bug?
I tested it in 1.11 and some earlier versions.

I can work around it, of course, but I was curious what the correct
behavior is supposed to be.

-John