dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] dvi origin issue

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] dvi origin issue
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 08:29:38 +0200

jw skrev:
The way I read that is: If I don't specify any -T option, it should
use 'bbox', which 'usually gives whitespace above and to the left...'
But that's not what happens for me. It does not include the DVI origin
(1in to left, 1in up) by default.

Just to make this clear, the DVI origin is where the DVI file starts drawing, the (0,0) in DVI-coordinates. This point is 1in,1in down+right from the upperleft corner of the paper.

So dvipng includes the DVI origin, but not the topleft corner of the paper (by default).

/JÅ