edu-eu

[edu-eu] Promoting Free Software in my school

From: Sueroski
Subject: [edu-eu] Promoting Free Software in my school
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 10:55:44 +0200

Hello everybody! It's my first mail in our mailing list.
In this year I will turn to new school. I watched homepage of this school and there's problem. The oficial page is http://g1.swidnica.pl/ (it's only in Polish, then you may don't understeand it) and you can see in this webpage much MS Word documents (*.doc - maybe Word 2003) and it's problem. I think it this school is used proprietary software... and... what I can do to promote free software there? I want to this school move to Free Software, but what I can do? (of course if they will no want then I can't do nothing, but I think they're isn't know nothing about free software and I can change something)
And where start it promotion? Talk with director or with IT teacher?
What do you do to informating about free software in you school?

Or I must do anything about it? May it's only fight with windmill (i don't know what write it in English ;p)?
Greetings,
Sueroski

PS sorry for my English, but I'm young and I'm not from English-speeking countury then...