edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] Promoting Free Software in my school

From: Mr. Tun Tun Aung
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] Promoting Free Software in my school
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 21:55:15 +0700

Hi Guys,

My name is Tun Tun Aung from Myanmar (Burma). I'm also a fellowship member of FSFE.
I'm trying to encourage to use FOSS in NGOs and Schools in Myanmar.
Our website is http://www.ubuntu-myanmar.org.

I want to learn from other organization and country about using about FOSS in schools.

Thanks
Tun Tun Aung

2010/8/6 Michael Kappes <address@hidden>
hello Sueroski

Am 06.08.2010 12:02, schrieb Bjoern Schiessle:
> Hello Sueroski,
>
> first, welcome on the mailing list!

jep!

> how it could be done. Don't try to much at once. Often it's better to
> take many small steps.

yes, i follow up to Bjoern...

plus: look forward if exist a lokal LUG (Linux User Group) if not exist
-> create it ;) http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Linux_PR/newlug.html

make a (littel, but nice) FOSS event like a release party (to find some
linux / FOSS enthusiast) e.g. this one:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto

if you like to print out some flyers to promote. quest a local copyshop
(near the school) if they sponsoring the print/copying

just my 5cent.

Ahoi
Michael