edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] Material for teaching Free Software to kids needed

From: Sam Tuke
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] Material for teaching Free Software to kids needed
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:39:11 +0000

On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 15:45 +0100, Guido Arnold wrote:
> I've been looking for material for teaching Free Software to kids (8
> to 13 years) at a workshop.

Can you be more specific? What do you want to teach them? For instance,
about the philosophy of Free Software, or about other subjects by using
Free Software, or about programming with Free Software or Free Software
languages?

The SELF project may be useful to you:

http://www.selfproject.eu/

They commissioned a video which I posted to the discussion list last
year called 'cut the circle' which may be useful for communicating
certain FS principles. Watch out for the unnecessary demonisation of
'commercial' however.

http://www.icaro.org.ar/proyectos/ctc/doku.php

Thanks,

Sam.