edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] Material for teaching Free Software to kids needed

From: Guido Arnold
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] Material for teaching Free Software to kids needed
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 00:30:05 +0100

Hello,

thanks for all responses so far!

2011/2/18 Sam Tuke <address@hidden>:
> On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 15:45 +0100, Guido Arnold wrote:
>> I've been looking for material for teaching Free Software to kids (8
>> to 13 years) at a workshop.
>
> Can you be more specific? What do you want to teach them? For instance,

My apologies to everybody for being so unclear. Your first guess was right:
I'd like to teach the philosophy of Free Software to kids and why it matters.

I guess it's more or less the same than explaining it to any other
person, but was hoping that some smart people already have accumulated
some smart ideas how to explain it to kids best. What examples or
analogies work best? Or how to start such a session in General. What
strategy, so to speak.

How much detail is needed to explain sources, compiler, binaries?

> http://www.icaro.org.ar/proyectos/ctc/doku.php

I did check the selfproject, but missed this one. Thanks!

That's the kind of material I am looking for, although this is like
all other things I found more aimed at adults, I'd say.

But it don't have to be videos, it can also be presentations or plain
text notes with tips and good examples to mention.

I hope I was specific enough this time and I want to apologize again
for not being it in the first place.

Thanks,

Guido