eev

Re: [eev] eev and terminals (console)

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: [eev] eev and terminals (console)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 03:00:13 +0100

Hi everybody,

[It seems eev mailing list is going to have some archives this year :)]

   > You could also combine eev with the emacs sql mode and do your sql right
   > from emacs directly.

   Can you be more specific?
   You mean running eepitch/eechannel/eev from a .sql file, to have the right
   font-locking and indentation?

I thought eev-mode was a minor mode that we could activate
everywhere. Did I miss something here ? If not, then it is
already supported.

   Do you mean creating a buffer running some
   kind of "inferior SQL mode" with eepitch, to have something with more
   features than just a comint buffer running a SQL client?

>From my point of view, and for what I need, it is as simple as
having frequent SQL queries ready to be shooted from an e-script.
So as a DBA, I would have just needed to open my sql.e escript
file and launch several queries through a comint buffer and/or
for the more complex queries, launch them using exterm/eechanel.

Regards,

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org