Re: [emacs-bidi] Hebrew characters categories

From: Yair Friedman (Jerusalem)
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Hebrew characters categories
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:36:09 +0200

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> "Yair Friedman (Jerusalem)" <address@hidden> writes:
> > So you assume that for composition you *must* have a font with
>> "_MULE_RELATIVE_COMPOSE" property?
>
> Yes, if you want a simple relative composition.  But, Emacs
> also have rule-based composition in which Emacs Lisp
> specifies the rule of composing (see the docstring of
> reference-point-alist).

Yes, I've read those, but I'm not so sure they fit for Hebrew.  In
Hebrew there is usually no collision - simple composition is sufficient
in most cases.  However, in some cases there might be collision - two
characters or accent have pixels on the same place - these cases can to
be resolved by rules to prevent overstriking, but those rules must be
applied only when there is a collision.

Would it be possible to modify compose-string so it would signal
overstriking?