Re: [emacs-bidi] Bidi - will it happen ?

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Bidi - will it happen ?
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 23:26:52 +0200

Tim Freedom <address@hidden> writes:

> With the various Bidi efforts out there and resident expertise, I don't
> think this issue would fall through the cracks given enough publicity
> about this topic and its needs.  Certainly Handa-san, et al might want
> to re-jump in, no ? :-)

Well, I think all the probable volunteers already know about it,
because it is mentioned from time to time on emacs-devel, for example.

Personally, I would really like the code available for all to see,
download, etc., but since I did not write it, I can not demand it.  :)
Eli has been very helpful in the past, however, so if *you* volunteer,
or bring a volunteer to this list, who will actually do some coding,
then I think you will find all the help you might need.  The point is,
Eli doesn't have the time, I guess, to explain this to people who will
probably not do the coding anyway.  Yes, it is an additional hurdle
for potential newcomers, but I think it is understandable given the
current constraints...  :(

Alex.
--
http://www.electronicintifada.net/diaries/index.html