Re: Macro CHECK_NUMBER?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Macro CHECK_NUMBER?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 22:15:04 -0700 (MST)

    But this macro is not always used for checking the type of arguments - look
    at xfns.c, line 1467:

Yes.  Once I abandoned the idea of trying to do anything with the
argument number, I decided it was ok to use these checking macros
on things which were not, strictly speaking, individual arguments.

The fact that they are useful (and used) in this way is one more
reason to think that it is not useful or feasible to do anything with
the argument number.  Hence I would not mind if someone wanted to
modify the sources and get rid of those argument numbers.