Re: Gnuserv

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Gnuserv
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 19:23:43 -0700 (MST)

      There is a different version of gnuserv which is shipped with
      XEmacs.. that was substantially re-written by one of the XEmacs
      contributors.

He is saying there are two very different versions.

    gnuserv.el says:

    ;; Author: Andy Norman (address@hidden), originally based on server.el
    ;;         Hrvoje Niksic <address@hidden>
    ;; Maintainer: Jan Vroonhof <address@hidden>,
    ;;             Hrvoje Niksic <address@hidden>

Is that list from the XEmacs version, or from ours?

I am pretty sure that Hrvoje will sign papers.  (He and I are on good
terms.)  My last address for him is address@hidden  We also to
ask Jan Vroonhof.  Would you like to ask them?

We have papers from Hewlett Packard that probably cover Andy Norman's
work.  We also have papers for gnuserv from Arup Mukherjee, Darrell
Kindred, and David Bristor (sp?).

This shows that the list in that file is not complete; there are
probably other contributors whose names neither of us knows.  We need
to find out who they are.  It is possible that Jan Vroonhof would
know--could you ask him?  Hrvoje might also know some.