Re: address@hidden: Emacs crashes when after closing frame with alternat

From: Peter Weiss, Sun Microsystems, Germany
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Emacs crashes when after closing frame with alternate display]
Date: 12 Nov 2001 11:25:29 +0100

Eli> On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Richard Stallman wrote:

>> Has anyone been able to work on this?  Does anyone have two machines
>> to try this with?

Eli> I agree with the assessment that this is probably not an Emacs problem (it
Eli> seems like XFindContext gets SIGSEGV).

Eli> I can try to reproduce this on two SGI boxes I have here, but I need to
Eli> build gnudoit first.  Where do I find it?

Eli> Peter, can this be reproduced without gnudoit?  If so, how?  Even if I
Eli> must use gnudoit, I need a precise recipe to reproduce the crash,
Eli> starting with "emacs -q --no-start-file".  Could you please supply such a
Eli> recipe?

Hello,

    well, as far as I remember I've seen this bug in other circumstances as
    well. But I can't remember in detail. This was the reason for opening it
    against emacs 21 since I've seen it there, too.

    Due to lack of time (I'm on a training for the rest of the week) I will
    do further investigation on this next week:

    o Using a new compiled emacs instance without motif support.
    o starting emacs with -q option and trying to open a frame only from
      inside emacs.

    I'll inform you when I've got the data.

    Regards -- Peter

--
Peter Weiss               / address@hidden
Sun Microsystems GmbH     / Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten