Re: --program-suffix

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: --program-suffix
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:38:55 +0100

   From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 20:44:41 -0700 (MST)

   >       --program-prefix=PREFIX prepend PREFIX to installed program names
   >       --program-suffix=SUFFIX append SUFFIX to installed program names
   >       --program-transform-name=PROGRAM
   >                          run sed PROGRAM on installed program names
   >
   > It looks like these are meant to be general features, so maybe we
   > should implement them.  That could mean changing the install... targets
   > in Makefile.in.
   >
   > Would anyone like to do this?

Here is the first try to this against current CVS. Changed files:

 ChangeLog           |    5 +++++
 Makefile.in         |   13 ++++++++-----
 configure.in        |    4 ++++
 etc/NEWS            |    7 +++++++
 lib-src/ChangeLog   |    5 +++++
 lib-src/Makefile.in |   15 ++++++++++-----

The name of all files installed into bin is changed according to those
options. Can you please test it and tell me, what should be changed?

P.S. Do not forget to run autoconf after patching files, I do not want to
send configure, because there are many line numbers changes.
--
Pavel Janík

panic("floppy: Port bolixed.");
                  -- 2.2.16 include/asm-sparc/floppy.h