Re: More keybindings in compilation-mode-map

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: More keybindings in compilation-mode-map
Date: 13 Nov 2001 17:20:18 +0100

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> Then I'd suggest that you add a global binding for toggle-truncate-lines
> (I have it on S-f9).  No need for a special binding in compilation-mode.

I already did that :-)

But Kai suggested to add some convenient bindings to compilation-mode-map
(using single key/letter commands) and I suggested this as a quick -
and to me useful - toggle.

Anyway, I don't understand the following response from Richard:

>     * view-mode like bindings (SPC, DEL for scrolling, possibly keys for
>       scrolling by lines)
>
> I can see why you would want this, but it won't work.
> SPC and DEL need to have their ordinary editing meanings
> for editing input to send to the compiler.  For the same reason,
> letters like t and m cannot be given other definitions.

SPC and DEL (127) are already bound to scroll-up and scroll-down
in compilation-mode-map, so *that* won't work now!
By *that* I mean "editing input to send to the compiler" - but what
does that have to do with compilation-mode-map ?