Re: X performance suffers under emacs 21.1.1

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: X performance suffers under emacs 21.1.1
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 21:13:25 -0700 (MST)

    That's exactly the problem I see with this approach: what is a good
    limit?

We have to solve the severe problem that has been encountered.  Just
because our solution might not be ideally tuned is no excuse for
failing to act.

First let's do something that drastically reduces the number of
cached images that are saved for any long period of time.

Then we can worry about fine-tuning it for different kinds of usage.