Re: Emacs and GTK.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs and GTK.
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 16:55:54 -0700 (MST)

    I haven't looked at XEmacs, but I understand they have some GTK support.
      Is it OK to look what they have done?

It is ok to look and get some general ideas, but then you have to make
sure your code doesn't look anything like their code in its details.
I believe their redisplay code is totally different, so it might not
be worth looking.  I suggest you see what you can do without looking.