Re: replace-rectangle and string-rectangle are diverging

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: replace-rectangle and string-rectangle are diverging
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 02:48:16 -0700 (MST)

     > We also made a change so that it would not check delete-selection-mode,
     > I don't know the reason for that change.  Dave Love made it.  Dave, do
you
     > recall the reason?

    No, but I expect it was what I was told to do.  The issue went
    unresolved for ages and I didn't have much of an opinion on it after
    integrating the original change.

Are you saying there was a big discussion about what was right to do
here?  If so, do you remember approximately when it was?  I probably
got those messages, and could search for them if I knew where to look.