Policy on updating info/ directory?

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Policy on updating info/ directory?
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 18:30:41 +0100

Hi,

what is the policy about info/ directory? I have just updated calc.texi in
man/ (direntry was not at the right place, so the resulting info file does
not contain DIR-ENTRY) and tried to updated the info/calc file, but it is
not in info - it is autogenerated by the build process. Do we want calc and
calc-* there? Should we continously update files there? Is the purpose of
this directory to server as a fallback for architectures without makeinfo?

We have COPYING in this directory, which is GNU GPL version 2. But files (I
have not checked if all or only some of them) from this directory are under
GNU FDL, like emacs*. I think we should fix this immediately.
--
Pavel Janík

Hey, if you've mlock'ed more than your available memory, there's nothing
the VM layer can do. Except maybe a nice printk("Kiss your *ss goodbye");
                  -- Linus Torvalds in linux-kernel