Re: (no subject)

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: 08 Jan 2002 20:59:43 +0000

Karl Eichwalder <address@hidden> writes:

> > We don't want this menu to get too large.  Why is this so important that it
> >deserves to be there?

Turning off tool-bars is something that almost every application has
a menu toggle for. As others have pointed out, a "Frame Settings"
sub-menu could be used for this and related items, to keep the amount
of clutter in the Options menu down.

Another comment I have about the current Options menu is that it is
not obvious that I would find "Set Font" under "Multilingual Environment".
Perhaps a duplicate item in the new "Frame Settings" submenu would
be more obvious, or if you decide against such a sub-menu,
"Edit" "Text Properties" might seem a more likely place to find font
settings to a new user.

> It's a _new_ and highly visible feature and there are many users
> asking how it's possible to disable it.  I recommend to add it
> toggle entry for 21.x, but remove this entry when 22.1 will be released.

I don't think it should be removed later if it is added now.

--
Jason Rumney