Re: M-x customize strangeness with "Hide" button

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: M-x customize strangeness with "Hide" button
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 08:11:38 +0200 (IST)

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     If it hides the doc string, I think it should say that.  Just by looking
>     at it, its purpose is not clear.
>
> I think "hide doc" might be a good thing for it to say,
> if there is room on the line.  But it looks like there isn't room.

Then how about changing the name to "Less" (it says "More" right now,
after you click it).  Or some other, equally short string.

My point is that it's confusing to have two buttons labeled the same.

Also, the position where the button is placed, right near the doc string,
looked like a bug to me.  Is there a way to have more separation between
the doc string and the button, at least on character terminals?