Re: address@hidden: asymmetries and contradictions in shell navigation u

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: address@hidden: asymmetries and contradictions in shell navigation using C-a and C-e on a prompt line]
Date: 20 Mar 2002 14:41:54 +0900

>     Well, input fields can be zero-width, so it sems like emacs has to
>     be able to do _something_ for that case.  It could do so using the
>     same rules it uses for field boundaries (which are also ambiguous,
>     because you have
>
> You may as well give it a try if you want.  However, I think that this
> is likely to result in very little improvement for a lot of work.
> With the same amount of work you could do one of the highest priority
> tasks in the task list.

Offhand, I don't think it would be all that much work.  However, I don't
really care about the problem (C-e/C-k acting `unintuitively' inside
prompts) very much, so I'm quite content to not fix it; keep it in mind
if you receive any more bug reports about it, though.

-Miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research