Re: update-game-score

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: update-game-score
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 12:40:34 +0300

> From: Colin Walters <address@hidden>
> Date: 12 Apr 2002 15:05:15 -0400
>
> On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 08:43, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > How about keeping the old code, both in gamegrid.el and in games that
> > use it, for non-Posix platforms that don't care about security
> > (Windows and MS-DOS)?
>
> Admittedly I haven't really used Windows in several years, but I thought
> recent versions were multiuser-capable?

They are; but the security support is (IIRC) nowhere as serious and
versatile as in Unix and GNU systems.

> But, I really don't know how to make update-game-score work on Windows,

I think it will work as-is on Windows, but the nuisance with finding a
place for the score file is something that needs to be resolved
regardless.

> I think we can just make a conditional on system-type inside
> `gamegrid-add-score'.

That's what I meant.  Please include ms-dos in that conditional; I'll
leave it up to Jason to say what should be done for the Windows port.