Re: config.in

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: config.in
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:30:41 +0200

   From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
   Date: 17 Apr 2002 03:45:05 +0900

   > Of course, we _should_ do the right thing and remove it from CVS (along
   > with `configure' for that matter)....

I have read the whole thread and see ideas from both sides. There are
valid arguments on both sides.

My opinion is:

   - development version will not contain any generated files, because
     they only cause troubles and are of no use for developers
   - if users of CVS miss those files, I think it is much better to
     auto-generate daily snapshots of CVS for them

   - having autogenerated files is really important for (and before)
     release
   - when creating branch for a release, we will check files that
     got generated

What do you think?
--
Pavel Janík

C- and M- pedals - anybody thought about that?
                  -- Martin Guertler in gnu.emacs.help