Re: line-move-finish (simple.el) hangs on invisible&intangible text.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: line-move-finish (simple.el) hangs on invisible&intangible text.
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:32:15 +0200

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:59:28 +0300, "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does it happen in "emacs -nw"?

In -nw mode the line of rows below the Info title is visible and
tangible. If I toggle read-only and then manually make the line to be
i&i, then yes, it happens too.

line-move-finish calls line-move-to-column to set the cursor to the
desired column, and that function does:

  (if (zerop col)
      (beginning-of-line)
    (move-to-column col))

That's why it works from column 0 and not others. In my system, puting
the cursor at the beginning of a line that only contains i&i characters
and evaling

 (beginning-of-line)

does not move the cursor, while evaling

 (move-to-column 0)

moves it. Doesn't that happen on your system?

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u