Re: reducing defface redundancy

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: reducing defface redundancy
Date: 25 Apr 2002 05:06:26 +0900

>     Anyway, my point is that the new grammar won't make anything worse, and
>     may provide some additional leeway for improvement.
>
> Yes it makes something worse.  It makes the effect of cutsomizing
> the face problematical.  At present that is not so.

Huh?  Customizing a face now _throws away_ information (that is, every
thing defined by the defface spec except that for the current display),
unless the user selects the more complicated interface.  That seems
pretty problematical to me...

Throwing away this information is bad, I think -- but that's a property
of the (current) UI.

I'm mystified as to how you think that things would be _worse_.

-Miles
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff