Re: earn $100 and reduce the Emacs TODO list

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: earn $100 and reduce the Emacs TODO list
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 07:58:33 -0600 (MDT)

    I've added it to etc/TODO, but I am so interested in seeing this feature
    that I am willing to ask the FSF to give my yearly donation of $100 for
    this year to whoever implements this feature.

It would be too hard for us to accept a small donation with
conditions.  If you were donating $10,000, we could work out with you
what project it should be spent on and how.  For $100, though, we just
can't afford to keep track.

As for the XRender feature, I don't know what that does.
I guess the main question is, how much change is required?