Re: Customize fringe

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Customize fringe
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:37:20 +0000 (UTC)

   The documentation of mouse-avoidance-mode says:

       Set cursor avoidance mode to MODE.
       MODE should be one of the symbols `banish', `exile', `jump', `animate',
       `cat-and-mouse', `proteus', or `none'.

       If MODE is nil, toggle mouse avoidance between `none' and `banish'
       modes.

   So it's not a simple toggle.  Interactively, it prompts you for the
   avoidance mode; that is not what a simple toggle is expected to do.

Good point. I missed that, which indicates that I expect a simple
on/off toggle....

   I'm not sure.  The ``reduction'' of the fringes sounds a lot like
   different styles, so perhaps set-fringe-style or some such would be a
   better name...

I agree; that is a much better name, it is like `set-fill-column'.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com