Re: autosave

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: autosave
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:43:48 -0600 (MDT)

    However, if someone sent me such a bug report, what I would do is take a
look
    at the code that does auto-save, and see what it does when it tries to
create
    or access the directories mentioned.

There is a lot of code for auto-saving.  Before I wrote to you, I
looked through it but I didn't see anything that tries to create auto
save files in an emacs.d directory there.  Unless I can reproduce it,
I don't see how to do any more.