Re: comint-carriage-motion causes severe problems.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: comint-carriage-motion causes severe problems.
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 11:07:46 -0500 (CDT)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

   > I believe this single change might be sufficient to both implement my
   > previous suggestion and make sure that any later adding of 'function'
   > to the default-value will be shadowed locally.  If no shadowing of the

   I thought about this alternative when I was hacking on it.
   Basically, you want that

           (remove-hook 'foo 'bar 'local)
           (add-hook 'foo 'bar)

   prevents `bar' from being run in the buffer.  But I'm not sure if
   it's such a good idea.  After all

           (remove-hook 'foo 'bar)
           (add-hook 'foo 'bar)

   does not prevent `bar' from being run (the `remove-hook' above ends up
   being a noop).

           Stefan

Dear Stefan,

First of all, I messed up things when I sent you my previous message.
I somehow clumsily managed to accidentally remove the CC to
emacs-devel.  I resent my message to emacs-devel separately.  You
replied to the unintentionally "private" message.  So your reply did not
include a CC to emacs-devel either.  Sorry for messing things up.  I
included your entire message above, so you would not have to resend it
to emacs-devel.

I will respond to both your messages shortly after I have add some
time to think.

Sincerely,

Luc.