Re: same-window-buffer-names and -regexps

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: same-window-buffer-names and -regexps
Date: 20 Aug 2002 12:25:45 +0900

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:
> OK, I probably did not think things over carefully enough.  C-o in the
> buffer menu should also be bound to that new command however.  Also,
> ielm-display-working-buffer should bind these two variables to nil
> around its call to display-buffer.  The same might be true for
> dired-display-file, even though most of these buffers are usually not
> visiting files.  I bet there are probably other situations like this,
> but these are the ones I can think of right now.

Perhaps the 2nd argument to display-buffer (`NOT-THIS-WINDOW'), should
cause it to ignore those variables; it seems like a natural extension to
me, and it would mean that callers don't have to know about all the
various special variables in order to get this behavior.

-Miles
--
80% of success is just showing up.  --Woody Allen