Re: emacs --pristine --> -vanilla

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: emacs --pristine --> -vanilla
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 17:19:17 -0500

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 03:48:14PM -0500, D. Goel wrote:
> Can we either change this to -vanilla, or else alias -vanilla to
> --pristine?

IMO, --pristine is a much better name, so at most it should be an alias.

> then we should have a -vanilla that is exactly -q -no-site-file

Why is it important that it be _exactly_ -q -no-site-file?  My understanding
is that --pristine actually does a bit more, which actually makes it better
than -q -no-site-file for what I see as the intended purpose (`what do you
tell people to use when they report a bug').

-Miles
--
[|nurgle|]  ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
            will  make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?