Re: gdba probs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: gdba probs
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 16:25:57 -0500

    The totalview debugger starts with 6 windows. But, hey!, lets be open minded
    about this. How do you know you don't want them before you know what they
do ?

Is there a way to make it more self-evident what these windows do?
What measures are taken in the code as it is now
to show the user what these windows do and how to use them?

    I'm using replace-regexp which I know I shouldn't. The elisp manual does say
    this but doesn't offer an alternative.

If you know enough Lisp to write what you have written,
you shouldn't have any trouble writing the Lisp code
for that little job.