Re: gdba probs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: gdba probs
Date: 12 Dec 2002 10:24:39 +0900

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
>  (defun gud-filter (proc string)
>    ;; Here's where the actual buffer insertion is done
> +  (when (and gud-first-time (string-match
> +       "\n\032\032[a-z]" string))
> +    (setq gud-first-time nil))
>    (let (output process-window)

Please put all the junk inside the `when' (which I replaced by .....)
into a separate function to avoid cluttering up gud-filter, something
like `gdba-take-over-process' or something.  It could even be an
autoloaded function in gdb-ui.el.

The segment of code marked `(re-)initialize' should probably also be put
into a separate function (in gud.el), since set of commands needed may
change in the future, and this keeps things a bit organized.  If gud
also calls this function, then it's even more clear.

[Yeah I know gud.el is a big ball of hair already, but there's no sense
in making it worse]

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche