Toolbar problems with GDB mode.

From: Jan D.
Subject: Toolbar problems with GDB mode.
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 18:50:50 +0100

Hello.

If a break point is reached in a C file, the file is displayed and the toolbar changes to the GDB toolbar. When quitting gdb, the toolbar does not change back. Not even if gdb-quit is run.

I started GDB with M-x gdb.

If I use M-x gdba it restores the menu bar OK, but gdba has so many other problems, so I can't use it.

I think (kill-local-variable 'tool-bar-map) should be run even if
(eq gud-minor-mode 'gdba) is false in this function (gdb-ui.el):

(defun gdb-quit ()
  "Kill the GUD interaction and gdb buffers and reset variables.
Use this command to exit a debugging session cleanly and reset
things like the toolbar and margin in the source buffers."
  (interactive)
  (dolist (buffer (buffer-list))
    (save-excursion
      (set-buffer buffer)
      (if (eq gud-minor-mode 'gdba)
          (if (string-match "^\*" (buffer-name))
              (kill-buffer nil)
            (if (display-graphic-p)
                (remove-images (point-min) (point-max))
              (remove-strings (point-min) (point-max)))
            (setq left-margin-width 0)
            (setq gud-minor-mode nil)
            (kill-local-variable 'tool-bar-map)
            (setq gud-running nil)
            (if (get-buffer-window (current-buffer))
                (set-window-margins (get-buffer-window
                                     (current-buffer))
                                    left-margin-width
                                    right-margin-width))))))
  (if (eq (selected-window) (minibuffer-window))
      (other-window 1))
  (delete-other-windows))

        Jan D.