Re: gratuitous changes

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: gratuitous changes
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 09:18:47 +0100

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:01:01 +0200 (IST), Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm sorry if my message sounded a bit harsh: I didn't mean that.

No, it's me who's a little jumpy. Sorry.

> I was just surprised to see some files touched by this which I didn't
> expect you to change, like the old ChangeLog.* files, ONEWS.*,
> texinfo.tex, etc.

I thought about it before doing the change, but the rationale was that
they're still in the sources and get modified every now and then (admitedly,
INSTALL is modified less often than, say, files.el :), so the problem
about new commits causing conflicts exists for them too (albeit on a
very minor scale).

I admit I got a bit carried on with texinfo.tex, termcap.src, etc., but
anyway, if they're upgraded they probably will be wholesale, so that's
no problem either IMO.

> I just wanted to raise the point before it is buried under the
> dust.

The dust formed by the corpses of so many innocent bits who died on the
Great Whitespace Commit Frenzy, you mean? ;)

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u