Re: Bug Emacs 21.3: write-file downcasing

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: Bug Emacs 21.3: write-file downcasing
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:11:15 +0530

On Sun, 09 Feb 2003 17:52:52 +0200, "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden>
said:
> > From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> > Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 07:39:43 -0500
> >
> >     > We should have a `file-name-equal' predicate instead.
> >
> > I don't like the idea of distorting Emacs that much for the sake of
> > Windows.
>
> In any case, the questions is what is the alternative to solve this
> particular problem.  I don't think we should leave it unsolved.

Just a thought:
 If this problem is left unsolved, If I try to write in to an NFS mounted
 file system, just imagine if the downcasing happens. I will end up
 having filenames which do not adhere to what I typed (as Unix file
 system is case sensitive).
This is the case in the development environment I am in. Cross-platform
development.

with regards,
dhruva
--