Re: "nmake info" Windows patch

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: "nmake info" Windows patch
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 21:11:11 +0200

> Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:53:19 +0100
> From: "Peter 'Luna' Runestig" <address@hidden>
> >
> > Does this really work in native Windows environment (i.e. without
> > Cygwin being installed)?  I don't think CMD.EXE can run Unix shell
> > scripts such as texi2dvi, and neither I think that a native Windows
> > port of makeinfo will DTRT with the value of TEXINPUTS where
> > directories are separated by colons (instead of semi-colons).
>
> The `info' target works in native Windows (well, on XP at least).

I think it will only work with the Cygwin port of makeinfo.  Native
Windows ports of makeinfo use semi-colons to separate directories in
TEXINPUTS and other variables that hold lists of directories.

I don't mind if we require the Cygwin port of makeinfo (assuming it's
okay with Jason, Andrew, and other developers who work on the Windows
port of Emacs), but I think we should at least tell that clearly in
the docs.