Re: gdb-ui almosts works in NT

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gdb-ui almosts works in NT
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 06:12:05 +0200

> From: "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 16:31:35 -0500
> >
> > 1) gdb-ui doesn't output to the I/O buffer in NT.
>
> Are you sure this is the always the case ?
> I think it does not depend on gdb-ui but on the underlying gdb session,
> so it might depend on which gdb executable you're using (native port,
> mingw, cygwin, dos, godknowswhatelse, ...) and on what kind of runtime
> library is used by the debugged program (again, native, cygwin,
> djgpp, ...).

Just FYI: the DOS port uses only the DJGPP library and runtime, there
is no other DOS configuration of Emacs that one can build, not for
years.

As for Cygwin, this problem might indeed not happen there (and then
again it might), but the clause suggested by Nick didn't include the
`cygwin' configuration, so I think it's safe.  Someone who has the
Cygwin build handy should try this and tell what they found; until
then, I think we should assume it's Unix-like.