Re: gdb-ui almosts works in NT

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: gdb-ui almosts works in NT
Date: 03 Apr 2003 08:55:01 +0100

> Not really: I won't recommend mixing GDB and Emacs ports like that.
> Cygwin programs have their specific tricks that are only compatible
> with other Cygwin programs.

There are workarounds that let Emacs recognize those tricks in some
circumstances. I'm not sure if gdb is one of those.

Re changing gdb-ui to not use the IO buffer; what does this mean in
terms of functionality?  As far as I can tell from the description of
the problem so far, the heart of the problem is that the mingw port
of gdb launches a separate window, even when invoked from the
command-line. It seems like we should be asking the mingw developers
to change this, rather than coming up with workarounds that leave all
versions of gdb less functional on Windows.