Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:33:27 +0200

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

> I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but as someone who's
> spent a fair amount of time on the Emacs support for Motif and Xaw3d
> scrollbars, I think that any dragging behavior that
>
> - doesn't flicker majorly
> - can always make (point-max) visible
> - doesn't impose an unnatural thumb size and position
>   (i.e. unlike the current Motif situation)
> - is not much slower than the current code
>
> is already pretty difficult to obtain, so talking about anything finer
> than that seems totally pointless.

Alright.  I haven't looked into it at all.

Another idea that might be easy to implement and that would improve
the current situation is to somehow indicate the end-of-buffer
condition better.  So, how about using different bg color for the
part of the trough that corresponds to overscrolling?  Then I could
see where in the buffer I am.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)