Re: bug in forward-visible-line: Patch

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: bug in forward-visible-line: Patch
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:50:33 -0500 (CDT)

David Kastrup wrote:

   If (listp prop) evaluates to t, nil is always returned.

Yes, this was a typo which I fixed in a later posting. It should have
said: (dolist (var prop t)

Also, the use of get-text-property was a bug.  I should have used
get-char-property or overlays would not be handled correctly.
All of these are moot points now, since my main oversight at the time
was not to notice that there already was a function with a similar
functionality: line-move-invisible.  (I noticed it later.)

That function has problems that should be corrected as I pointed out,
but I believe that doing so would eliminate the need for a new
function.

Sincerely,

Luc.