Re: Make font menu available in menu bar

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Make font menu available in menu bar
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 10:15:33 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:

This is probably under Mule because it uses font sets, but I agree it
belongs in Edit.  I'd put it at directly under Edit, not in a submenu.

In what way is changing the default font "Edit"ing?

If we had a function to change the font of the text at point (or
selected text), then I agree it is a kind of Edit, but then it
should go under Text Properties. But changing the default font seems
more like an Option to me.