How about using static link instead of dynamic loaded dlls?

From: Robin Hu
Subject: How about using static link instead of dynamic loaded dlls?
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 03:21:04 +0000

Hi everyone:

   Current CVS NtEmacs snapshot loads libjpeg.dll in runtime. This
   causes a problem while I have some different versions of libjpeg.dll
   in %PATH%, because these versions are not binary compatible. And
   this problems can not be easily get rid of, because NtEmacs tries to
   load this dll via several names, such as libjpeg.dll jpeg-62.dll. We
   are in the hell of dlls now.

   I suggest to use static link instead of dynamic loaded dll files, or
   even more, include source files of these image libraries
   directly. This should be helpful to avoid dll hell, and may also
   helpful to workaround VC's bug in compiling w32fns.c(this bug will
   not re-produced while compiling w32fns.c with intel c compiler, so I
   believe this is a bug of VC itself).

   I've planned to do this, and I'd like to know if this is an
   acceptable idea before I really start doing this.

   robin.hu