Re: Gud lord!

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: Gud lord!
Date: 07 Jun 2003 09:43:25 -0700

On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 09:12, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Where's the logic in putting gud.el in the progmodes directory? I can see
> > the
> > point in grouping files which have a natural relationship together but
> > gud.el
> > is not a mode for a computer language. If I'm looking for something, I quite
> > often grep the lisp directory, so my rule would be:
>
> I don't have a particular opinion on this except I'd like to remind
> people that CVS deals very poorly with file moves, so it's best
> to refrain from doing them unless there's a really compelling reason.

As an aside, I'd remind people that this is one of a very long list of
reasons why CVS is inadequate for open source development considering
superior alternatives such as arch:
http://regexps.srparish.net/src/arch.

To be handcuffed by a revision control system which is unable to sanely
rename a file - in the year 2003 - seems absurd to me.

Bob