Re: Divergence in menu appearance between Emacs Info and standalone Info

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Divergence in menu appearance between Emacs Info and standalone Info
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:27:01 -0400

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 12:08:15PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I don't know exactly what "supports it" means, but I know that in all
> browsers I've used (thatdoes not include Lynx), they either didn't
> pay attention to those <LINK> tags, or if they did, they didn't
> do much useful with them.  At best, they get put in some submenu
> where nobody will ever see them.

I believe mozilla (don't know about galeon; same renderer, but pretty
different framework) has an option to display a toolbar with these -- but
it's turned off by default.  I had it turned on for a while, and it ended up
being rather annoying; not only do most sites not define these links, but
some define _bogus_ ones!

-miles
--
"1971 pickup truck; will trade for guns"